On begin I will say that I didn't finished everything I planed for this week. I started work on harbor part of citadela island (you can see how it look bellow) and done some WIP of cave location. From more technical things I worked or still work on: - mechanism of load screens - two types of controlling character (classic and new mode) - pad support to game. And that's all for this week.
Popular posts from this blog
This time light topic of UI designing :] But before this let's discuss how the hierarchy in the engine works. So it was easier to understand these, let's look at the tooling of it: We have there: World (ID:0) Loaded Stream (Citadel Island) Loaded SubStream (CI.Citadel) Unloaded SubStream (CI.Logic) Folders (f.ex. Park) Entities (f.ex. Ferry) If you are curious what a Stream is, you can think about it as a scene or a level. Now that we know all of this let's look a little bit closer at what we have. Streams and SubStreams are exactly the same I change the name based on their position in the hierarchy. The Folders may look different than Entities but they are exactly the same. They are Entities with a folder component. If we go this way streams are also just Entities with a Stream Component. This leaves us with a bunch of the entities under the World . Which as you can suspect is just an Entity with ID equal to 0. If everything is an entity, what was the reason I
Yesterday I experienced another bunch of fun while using my laptop. My normal working environment is a desktop with an AMD graphics card, while choosing a laptop it was important for me to get some Nvidia GPU so I could test code on both machines. This was a smart decision as there are so many differences between them. This time I encounter another one. History Like always a little bit of the background: while doing tooling you need to think about nice interactive objects selections. The beginning was rough as I decided to use a physics ray-trace system to execute picking. This was a simple system where I was sanding a ray thru the world and tried to pick objects that collide with it. The issue was: every object needed to have a collision body it did not work very well with objects that had an alpha mask did not support geometry that was deformed in shaders. I did not like any of these limitations so I decided one day to change the whole thing. I took this time a different approach.