Sunday, January 11, 2015

New year, new problems, new announcements.

Lets start with the best wishes for year 2015 :]

2014 Summary

I'm still alive still active and I will do short summary of previous year :

  • Looking back on all my posts in 2014 I need to say "I suck in writing posts" :| I didn't done too much of them. I will try to fix this this year :)
  • I failed to release the demo which I announced - Sorry here :/ "Mea culpa"
  • Company where I work: Ubisoft Montreal released Far Cry 4
In project itself changed a lot. Git statistics told me that I: 
  • Done 440 commits
    • Average in month:    40
    • Minimum in month:  11
    • Maximum in month: 83
  • Modified 247328 lines (without added/deleted files)
    • added:     137386 
    • removed: 109942
  • Modified 742856 lines (including added/deleted files)
    • added:     288150 
    • removed: 454706
This commits  included:
  • New UI system.
  • New resource system. 
  • Switching to component objects.
  • New serialization of data.
  • AI use nodes to define behaviors.
  • Partial port on Linux (I'm still working on it).
  • Switching on SDL 2.
  • And a lot smaller changes which I don't remember.
What this commits don't include are:
  • New GUI graphics.
  • Creating some development scripts.
  • Configuring continuous builds machine (I still working on this)
  • And probably few other things I don't remember.
New problems

This year didn't started too well for me. The 2nd January my hard drive broke. I needed to recreate whole working setup. If this wasn't enough my copy of data was on external HDD which after connecting ask me if I want to format it because file system is corrupted. So I had fun.

Finally after few days I was able to recover most of data from hard disk and repair file system from external one. I could finally work normally, but well few days lost. Good thing that I use this occasion to improving the way of configuring new computer for project.

New announcements

There will be few announcement this year. I know some of them already and some are still prepared but about them later. 

The fist one is with this year Little Big Adventure Remake will get new logo : 


And wit this I will finish this first 2015 post. To the next time.

Greg

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you post an map progress of the mod, like percentage of level done, animation, scripting, on what you need help etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea I will try to prepare something like this :]

    ReplyDelete