Lost in code

Ok, this time two weeks breaks so a little longer than normal. But somehow I were lost in my work and forgot to write some post last week :] Yesterday I finished doing initial implementation of memory manager. Thanks to it engine have another powerful tool to help me in development.


Why I moved for this two week on some more engine related stuff?

Because good engine is not only rendering, input, audio like some people may think. Of course this is enough to do some small game but in case of bigger projects things start to be more complicated and because of that we need a lot more technical stuff that make our lives as developer easier. It's influence may not be so visible in game as new full screen effect like Motion Blur or Depth Of Field but they are still there. They help us tracing our bugs, making development easier and in the same quicker. Of course creating them take a lot of time so some people don't decide on creating them but in bigger perspective it's almost never lost of time.

In case of my memory manager my effort resulted in I founding some bugs that would probably take a lot more time to trace it other way if I would knew about them. Other thing is that tool opened before me new paths which leads me to extend this system in even more useful tool.

So right now I can return to doing some more game related stuff.


Till the next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Query commands execution

Hierarchy - UI improvement

Singleton pattern