New year, new problems, new announcements.
Lets start with the best wishes for year 2015 :]
- Looking back on all my posts in 2014 I need to say "I suck in writing posts" :| I didn't done too much of them. I will try to fix this this year :)
- I failed to release the demo which I announced - Sorry here :/ "Mea culpa"
- Company where I work: Ubisoft Montreal released Far Cry 4
In project itself changed a lot. Git statistics told me that I:
- Done 440 commits
- Average in month: 40
- Minimum in month: 11
- Maximum in month: 83
- Modified 247328 lines (without added/deleted files)
- added: 137386
- removed: 109942
- Modified 742856 lines (including added/deleted files)
- added: 288150
- removed: 454706
This commits included:
- New UI system.
- New resource system.
- Switching to component objects.
- New serialization of data.
- AI use nodes to define behaviors.
- Partial port on Linux (I'm still working on it).
- Switching on SDL 2.
- And a lot smaller changes which I don't remember.
- New GUI graphics.
- Creating some development scripts.
- Configuring continuous builds machine (I still working on this)
- And probably few other things I don't remember.
This year didn't started too well for me. The 2nd January my hard drive broke. I needed to recreate whole working setup. If this wasn't enough my copy of data was on external HDD which after connecting ask me if I want to format it because file system is corrupted. So I had fun.
Finally after few days I was able to recover most of data from hard disk and repair file system from external one. I could finally work normally, but well few days lost. Good thing that I use this occasion to improving the way of configuring new computer for project.
There will be few announcement this year. I know some of them already and some are still prepared but about them later.
The fist one is with this year Little Big Adventure Remake will get new logo :
And wit this I will finish this first 2015 post. To the next time.