My bookshelves.

I realize recently that I'm weird programmer. If you would look on my bookshelves you will find there:
  • manga, 
  • fantasy books,
  • movies art books,
  • games art books,
  • books about drawing, 
  • books about anatomy,
  • books about animations,
  • D&D manuals.
What you won't find there is any programming book. My only book kind of in this topic is Showstopper about development of windows NT on my kindle. Which is in the fact not programming book but more story of people who created it and I'm still in middle of reading it :) 

The other book I reading is  "The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion and Internet Animators." which is for me really interesting. So far I finding there a lot of interesting advice which some even apply to programming.

And this is weird because as programmer I probably should read some books in my field of work. But I don't fell any push into this direction. I don't wan't to read book about programming language because what for? I tried long time ago and they are boring like hell :/ If I need to learn syntax I can just look into online tutorials.

All new stuff about C++ I learning when I searching online for solutions of problems or discuss with others. Sometimes I spend more time on trying understand small piece of example code than on fixing the initial issue. This happening mostly because I go from one page to another and finding more and more interesting stuff.

I would really love to read programming book which is not about language or algorithms but more about programming itself. I imagine such a book would contain stories of development, tips and tricks how to be better programmer. You know this kind of book which you start reading and before you noticing its ends.

Do you know book like that ? If you know I would really like to know its title.

Greg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Query commands execution

Hierarchy - UI improvement

W.U. 0x20